Patient Billing (UPDATED MARCH 2023)
Self Pay Patients: Payment will be due in full at your appointment.
- Payment for services rendered will be due in full on the day of service, unless other payment arrangements have been made in advance. This includes major restorative services, such as crowns and implants, and payment in full will be due on prep date (not seat date).
- Any current or past due balance will also be due in full at your appointment, unless other payment arrangements have been made in advance.
- The SMILEADVANTAGE Plan is an in-office membership plan that can help you save money on your dental care if ou don’t have insurance. Please ask the staff for details.
- PLEASE NOTE: We no longer offer deferred “pay from statement” billing as a payment option.
PATIENTS WITH DENTAL INSURANCE: Co-pay will be due at your appointment.
- Any current of past due balance will be due in full at your appointment unless other payment arrangements have been made in advance.
- Major restorative services, such as crowns or implants will require a $250 deposit per tooth at the “prep” appointment and the remaining balance will be due once insurance as paid, as applicable.
- Bring your current dental insurance card to every appointment.
- If you have secondary insurance, please bring a copy of this as well.
- If you have updated your insurance online through our portal, we still need a copy of your insurance card(s) to verify claims, mailing address and electronic payer ID.
- WE DO NOT ACCEPT MEDICAID OR CARESOURCE.
- Cash, Check, Mastercard, Visa, Discover, and American Express accepted.
- If you are unable to pay your balance in full, we have partnered with CareCredit, a third-party company, which offers the flexibility of deferred interest and extended payment options. All CareCredit payment plans must be arranged in advance of treatment.
- PLEASE NOTE WE NO LONGER OFFER AN IN-OFFICE PAYMENT PLAN.
Please remember you are fully responsible for all fees charged by this office regardless of your insurance coverage.